Two low fat crock pot recipes that are easy to prepare.
Arroz Con Pollo
- 8 pieces of chicken thighs, skinless
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped Coriander
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 300 grams of frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- 400 ml. of chicken broth or stock
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Quarter teaspoon of pepper
- Half teaspoon of salt
Mix chili powder, oregano, garlic, pepper, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the chicken pieces, then place them in the bottom of the crock pot and pour over the wine and broth. Cover the crock pot and let it cook for at least five to six hours on low temperature then remove the chicken and set the crock pot on high temperature. Add the peas and cover the crock pot again and let the ingredients cook for another seven to ten minutes. The cooked rice as well as the chicken should then be added into the crock pot for two minutes. Before serving sprinkle with the freshly chopped coriander.
- Half green pepper, sliced
- 1 can of cream of celery soup
- Half teaspoon of basil
- Half teaspoon of pepper
- 4 whole chicken skinless breasts
Place chicken breasts in the crock pot and sprinkle with basil and pepper. Pour the soup over the chicken. Cover with the sliced green pepper. Cover the crock pot and let it cook for about six to eight hours on low temperature.
Photo by nemuneko.jc (Flickr)